Wednesday, December 3, 2008

How to Get Your Ex Boyfriend Back For Good

When I was younger and dating it seems like I was always getting dumped by my boyfriends. I would hang onto him no matter what and eventually he would just call it quits. Then I would try desperately to get him back. But I was never successful. Thankfully those days are behind me know and I have been happily married for eighteen years now. I stop and think about why my relationship with the man I married was different from my other boyfriends. I realized that I stop making the same mistakes with my husband that I kept making with my other boyfriends. When I was dating my husband we did break up for a while but I managed to get him back. So if you are needing help, keep reading to discover how to get your ex boyfriend back.

First of all, if your boyfriend breaks up with you, don't panic. The worse thing you can do is to start calling him. Don't follow him around, don't show up at his house or hangouts. Just leave him alone for a while. You do not want to appear needy and desperate. Take some time to yourself to cry and try to get your head on straight. This is very important if you want to get your ex boyfriend back. Now get ready to do some soul searching.

What I mean by soul searching is you need to thoroughly dissect your relationship. Were you clingy, jealous, needy or anything else that may have drove him away? If you are having trouble analyzing your actions yourself, ask a friend that you can trust to tell you the truth. Just prepare yourself. The truth can hurt. When you think that you have discovered some of the reasons your boyfriend may have dumped you, start working on yourself. Change the behaviors that he may have found undesirable. I am not suggesting that you change your personality, just your bad habits. Next, it's time to party!

Get together with your friends and go out and have a good time. Go shopping, get a makeover, treat yourself to something nice. You can feel better by giving yourself permission to do so. When you take care of yourself, you will find that special person that your ex boyfriend fell for in the first place. This is critical to getting your ex boyfriend back. You want him to see that the person that caught his attention is still there. Once you have cleared your mind and worked through your issues, it's time for the next step.

You should now make contact with your ex boyfriend. Send him a casual email or text, asking him how's he doing. Don't make it anything heavy. Just let him know that you have been thinking about him and that you care about how he is doing.

This is what was different with my relationship with my husband. After we broke up, I refused to make the same mistakes that I made with my other boyfriends. I just backed off, gave it some time and did my own thing. Eventually we got back together and were married a few months later!

The key to getting your ex boyfriend back is to not panic and give him space. Work on yourself and have some fun with your friends. Then casually let your ex know that you are still around and still interested.

But you know these suggestions are just the tip of the iceberg. There are a few great books that you can pick up that I wish I had in my dating days. They would have saved me a lot of heartache. I have reviewed them to help you choose the best one. You can find them at the site below.

Good luck in all of your relationships!

Do you want a free ebook that will give you 101 Romantic Ideas to impress your ex or current partner? Just visit http://www.relationshipmedic.com to get your copy today! Don't forget to check out the reviews of the relationship products that can help you get your ex back in a matter of days or weeks.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Lucinda_Reynolds

No comments: